instead of

time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'
Into the future

Where does time go? 

It just feels like I was the age of my almost 14 year old daughter, Hannah.  When life spread before me -- options, opportunity, and adventure.  It just feels like I was a mother of two little girls -- when mothering was so new, so fresh, and tiring. It just feels as if I began homeschooling -- and now I'm on my tenth year, my oldest will be starting highschool work, and now I have five to teach.  It just feels as if Samuel was just born -- and now he's crawling, laughing, and almost a year. 


What is it with time?    
 What would I have done?
What have I learned?

-Here are just some of my thoughts-

Instead of worrying about how clean my home is -- I would have started coffee and welcomed friends with open arms

Instead of saying "in a minute" -- I would stand up and read that story

Instead of living for the approval of the world -- I'd live for the Father

Instead of trying to get my point across -- I would take time to seek, understand and listen

Instead of complaining about the laundry -- I would be grateful for the little ones who wear the clothes

Instead of worrying -- I would pray

Instead of comparing -- I would look and be grateful

Instead of rushing places -- I'd take the back roads and enjoy

Instead of throwing in the towel and thinking that I can't do it -- I would stand back up, brush myself off and continue

Instead of telling my kids what they need to change -- I would tell them first what they are doing right

Instead of turning on the television -- I would pull out a game

Instead of complaining that there's nothing to eat -- I'd be grateful for cabinets overflowing with food

Instead of just praying -- I'd also be helping

Instead of doing the gardening all by myself -- I would let my four year old dig in the dirt with me

Instead of always cleaning the kitchen right after dinner -- I'd would sit and chat and listen

Instead of reading emails in the morning -- I would open my Bible

Time keeps moving.

I hope I learn from it.

--tell me--
What have you learned over the course of time?