a story, the crazy schedule, and YES we have butterflies!

(I wrote this first section at 2:18 am.  At first I thought I wouldn't keep it, but thought it a bit silly...probably due to little sleep...so I posted it anyways.)

Do we really need sleep?   I keep trying to tell myself that "nah...I don't need that stuff," but after several nights of waking up due to allergies I'm starting to believe that it might be a fallacy.  Perhaps I do need sleep.  Who am I kidding? Of course I need sleep.  I'm just not getting it.  So tonight, or this morning, instead of sleeping I'm writing.  :)

Mom's castle


The Story of a Mom
Once there was this mom.  She was a good mom.  She loved her family, cooked for them, cleaned for them, taught them their ABC's, and most of all she loved them.  However, some days, this mom got very worn out.  She wasn't getting much sleep, and when she was awake she was sneezing.  But, that's ok, because this mom was worn out because she was too busy.  This mom was racing here and there with so much "urgent" stuff to do that her little children began to get crabby.  The precious children grew restless, irritable and whiney.  Not all of them did, but some did.  This poor mom.  She began to feel bad for herself.  All because she forgot the word...NO...and had too much stuff.

Hmmm....

(end 2am post...obviously I didn't have TOO much to write about)
_____________________________

I think those 2 am words have a bit of truth to them.  My schedule is crazy.  Every day we're running here and there, with these "urgent" things to do.  And then, when I'm home, I have so many outside obligations on my plate.  I'm on the Women's Ministry team and we're having a retreat, I'm part of the Advisory Team for our local homeschool group,  I'm part of a board for the Ballet Studio, and then I'm mom, family organizer, teacher, cleaner, and more.  But lately, it feels as if I'm spending less time on my family's side of the scale.  I keep telling myself  it's just for this spring time, and yet, deep down I know that I only have my family for a little time.  Am I using it wisely? For who's benefit is all this craziness?  Am I stopping to rest?  To enjoy my children?  To play with them?  To listen?  or laugh?

So it comes down to planning.  I need to allocate my time and resources better...rightly ordered.  At the moment I tend to race around from thing to thing, telling my little ones, "just a minute."  Is it really a minute?  Humbly...no.  It's just a strategy to make them wait, and to somehow make myself feel better because they think I'm coming.  In a minute.

potential moments missed


Blogging is good for me.  It helps me to be honest with myself.  It allows me to see truth in my life...why?...because I'm awake to what's going on around me as I think about what I'm going to write next.   And in all that pondering I've realized that there are specific traits that I want to change, to grow, to mature. And you, my readers, get my honesty.  I don't want to come across as super-mom, or the perfect blogger, but as real.  I often pray that my transparency blesses others...and we can push each other to grow in Him and be better mom's, wives, and friends.  

If you read my little story closely there's s bit of an "if-then" statement.  "The mom became tired, then the children grew restless."  I'm wondering what would happen if I was less tired?  More refreshed?  Focused?  I believe that then my children would be more confident, content, and agreeable.  Their tone, their mood is often set by the example that I show. Am I ever intentionally quiet?  Like this time at the lake last summer?

(note:  I am 7months pregnant and I have crazy boat hair in these pics...but I'm being real so you get to see.)


do I just sit?

a calm moment


We'll get to the physical stuff (you know...toys..legos...clothes...etc)  later.  I know my blogging buddy, lynnettekraft held a blog roll called "Simplifying for Sanity."  Wisdom in that title.  Not only do we need to simplify for personal space sanity but also mental sanity.  If my schedule is maxed out...then I end up in Dairy Queen's parking lot with screaming kids and no chocolate dipped small cone.  If my schedule is ordered...then I end up in Dairy Queen's parking lot with my dipped cone along with ones for the kiddos in back.

Which path?  I think I know where I need to go...

____________________________________

On a different note:

Hey...we have BUTTERFLIES!  I woke up and saw them this morning.  Seriously I thought they were dead, but nope...ALIVE!  Makes sense why we use the butterfly image around Easter.

our baby butterfly