eggs, a prayer request, and how in the world did that happen??

I've enjoyed all the sweet comments from everybody.   It's been so enjoyable to return to blogging after such a long hiatus.  There are so many blessings in sharing stories and lives, and I thank each of you for following just a bit of mine.

eggs - before

I love dyeing eggs.  When we only had two children it seemed like such an overwhelming task.  I'd carefully wrap the table with paper so it wouldn't get stained, I'd strip them down to an old teeshirt, and I'd hover over their every dip of egg.  Well, not so much anymore.  As my children have grown, I've let go of the need to be perfect and neat.  The table is the same table as when my oldest were young.  But now it's worn.  There are marker stains, peeling stain, and etches from drawing just a bit too hard.  I wouldn't trade those records for the world.  Those "imperfections" are our family's memories.  And so...with Easter egg dyeing...I've let go.


Elijah painting himself

What makes coloring eggs so compelling?  Is it simply watching something that was once pure white turn a brilliant shade of green?  Or blue?  Or red?  Or, in my house, sometimes brown?  The kids can hardly wait as the eggs are being boiled, as they're resting and drying, and through the whole process of creating the dye.  Even the smell of vinegar is exciting for them.  "It's egg time!!" they yell.  They joyfully gather around the table desiring and hoping to create their perfect egg.  As a mom, I love seeing all of them working together, creating their eggs.  And they know whose is whose.  It amazes me.  Out of seven blues, my Gracie knows the exact two that she painstakingly dyed.


eggs

I think above all else dyeing eggs is about memories.  I dyed eggs when I was young.  My parents did when they were young.  It's a thread linking generations.  My children know that when Easter comes they will spend the Saturday before coloring their eggs.  That time is cherished, carved out.  And I love that.  Life is too fast, too short.  These messy moments are the moments that will be remembered.  I love that....memories.

My prayer request. My daughter Hannah has been preparing to sing a duet at church this Sunday, but has lost her voice.  She's been resting it, but I'm truly praying that tomorrow when she wakes up her voice is restored.  She's told me that she will be PRAISING HIM no matter what.  I love her for that...for the determination to give Him the glory no matter what.  Even when her heart is aching for her voice to work.


Hannah's music


Finally, just a bit of humor for you all.  (I do write these random posts....)  My husband called me upstairs tonight telling me that it was urgent.  Not knowing what had happened I raced up into the bathroom.  He beckoned me to the toliet.  I was thinking that there was at least a roll or two of toliet paper jammed into it.  I was cringing.  However, this is what I found.  Ahhhh... the Moochie Man (Elijah) strikes again.



hee...hee...hee


Have a blessed Easter~He is Risen~He is risen indeed!