Today I felt like this...

do we look like this?!

...family in the classic Richard Scarry book.  I was reading it to Caleb and Elijah, and the further I got into the story the more I began to relate with being the big family.  (When I was a child this was one of my faves...hmmmm....gets me thinking.)  Earlier today, after I had dropped of Hannah and Chloe at ballet (they teach), when I arrived home I had to unload all the remaining kids from the suburban.  Well, no big deal.  Except that my neighbors are getting a new driveway and the workers were taking a break.  Right in front of my driveway.  So they were watching as:

1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 emerged.

If only Hannah and Chloe had been there.  Then their jaws would have REALLY dropped.

I love being this family.  I love that the neighbor kids play at my house, and in my yard.  I joke that we have a child for each neighbor kid to play with.  Where I once used to cower and stutter about our family size I've now learned to hold my head up high and be grateful.  And proud.  And to state, "they are such blessings."  Boldly.  You see...we were told we probably couldn't have anymore children when my husband was diagnosed with cancer.  We had five then...a huge family by society's standards.  And yet, we've been blessed with those two little guys Elijah and Samuel since.  What blessings.  They are amazing gifts. Gifts that I will proudly unload from the crowded suburban in front of workers, or well in reality...anybody.

love my fam

Mother Stitches' words are true...our neighbor kids aren't lonely when we're around. :)  My kids are never lonely as well.  And, to be truly, honest, even though I'm super busy I wouldn't trade a minute of my time.  (Well...I could take a minute or two to sip my coffee...but other than that...oh...you get the picture!!)

___________________________________________

I just had to share this picture of tulips that I planted.  I can see them right from my kitchen window and they really brighten my day.  I love spring.  Except for the allergies.  They're brutal right now.

lovely tulips

Have a great Monday!