tires, oh, tires

Oh tires....
How I need you, yet don't want to pay for you.
The time you take from my day makes me ache.
Oh tires...oh tires...
you make me tired.

my pathetic old tires

This post is about tires.  Which do you like?  Radials?  How thick of tread? How many miles?  At what cost?  Do you need an alignment?    NO IT'S NOT. (did I get ya?)

This post is about keeping your head up.  Doing the hard stuff.  Things you thought you couldn't do.  This post is about my last 24 hours.  My challenging last 24 hours.  It's about keeping a smile on even when you want to cry.

First, to set the stage, my husband is traveling and my parents are in New Zealand.  Second, I notice that the tires need to be replaced immediately (who would think with steal tread poking through?).  I take care of it only to find that the tires currently on my truck were the wrong ones.  That last year, when we had four new ones put on the shop put on tires much too small for my 3/4 ton suburban. The tires should NEVER have been on there...it was, in fact, dangerous.  And it wore them out.  Way too early. I replace the front two, and now need to get the back done.  Now, I have a new issue.  Too fight...to get the right ones on, at no to little cost.  Let me just tell you that your blogging friend has been on the phone working, working, working to have this right. The one company won't take them back, the other will, back and forth...back and forth...all day. I've been working.  By myself.  Doing things that I hate.  I hate negotiating, ruffling feathers, and causing a bit of a ruckus.  But, I'm doing it.  Because it's right.

one of my new tires

I am normally not the one to do this.  In fact, my husband typically handles all of this grunt work.  And in this case, really challenging work.  This time?  It fell on my lap.  And, in all honesty, I've been blessed that it has.  I can do this....I can speak my mind...I can state how I feel...I can make it right.  Not on my own strength.  No. I have been seeking the Lord all day, praying and asking for His blessing on this situation.  And it still isn't resolved, yet I feel at peace right now.  The details are overwhelming. The finances way too tight.  Even if the tires get covered there still is a $1000 repair that's imminent. How will it get covered? At this second, I don't know. I have faith that it will.  However, despite all of this I'm ok.  I feel strong...and it's not my own strength.  I'll just keep fighting.  And living, with my head held high.

Now, back to call the auto repair shop....and the goodyear rep...and try to get a hold of my husband...and make dinner...and figure out what to do next...and...