the great

In a family with seven children, it becomes almost inevitable that there will be a birthday every month.  In our home everyone has their own birth month -- except Caleb and Samuel.  (They share September -- if Samuel had been born on his due date, October, than all nine of us would have our own birthday month.  Fun trivia!)

Today's birthday?  For my first born son -- Brennan.

missing his first tooth

That would be -- 
Brennan Alexander
. I love his name.  Powerful.  Brave.  Strong.  Daring. Cool.  Unique. Leader. My son.
tubing with his cousin Noah

When he was little we'd call him Brennan Alexander the Great.  And that's true.  He's an amazing kid.  He might come across as quiet when you first meet him, but in reality, he's assessing and analyzing the situation.  Once he deems it "cool" or "safe" then he'll join in and become his very funny and engaging self.

Brennan 2007 - one of my fave pics

He's a blessing.  He watches over me -- already.  If I'm sad, he's the first to come comfort me.  If I need something, he's the first to grab it.  He's a fabulous leader -- remember, he's got 3 brothers younger than him that watch him, want to be like him, and want to play with him. He loves the Lord with all of his heart. He's a giver, a listener, and a friend.  I love him like crazy. :)

Happy Birthday Brennan boy!

the vote pic -- again.