snow, time, the vote, and cocoa

It's just one of those miscellany type mornings. I've got thoughts churning in my head, but they're not quite yet ready to make it to a blog post.  Soon.  Thank goodness for my miscellany day -- plus it gives you a glimpse into my sarcastic and silly self. :)

1) I woke up today at 5:19 am due to the time change.  I actually love the daylight savings time switch because I wake up earlier and thus feel more productive. It's all a mindset, right?

2) I still have to figure out whether I fall back or spring forward -- you'd think I deciphered the time change by now.  Nope.  Thank goodness for all those little rhymes and tricks.  I'd be lost without them.

3) See this pic?  Right now, us Minnesotans are living on borrowed time.  Once November rolls around you cannot predict whether it hits almost 70 degrees or you get 15 inches of snow.  That's why the meteorologists are payed the big bucks up here.

last winter

4) Most times the weather forecast is wrong (despite being paid the big bucks).  I still watch it. I'm kind of a weather junkie.  Even Caleb, my five year old, loves to check the radar with me.  He's such a great kid. :)

5) If there's a huge snowstorm it becomes the local stations top story.  Seriously.  Sometimes we can have snowstorms each week.  They'll put reporters on bridges over the interstate throughout the metro area, and another by a snowplow, and another in the weather backyard, and another riding with a sheriff.  Snow is big news here. I feel worse for the reporters when they put them in all those places when the temp is 35 below zero.  By the time the camera gets to them they can hardly talk because they're so cold.

6) Even though we homeschool I grant my kids snowdays.  Do you remember, if you lived where there was snow, the excitement of finding out school was closed?  Homeschool kids deserve that as well. We are a snowday friendly homeschool family.

freedom

7) My kids are still sleeping.

8) Never mind.  I hear Elijah upstairs talking about how he's awake and needs food.  Still, for the kids to sleep past 6 am on the fall back time switch (see I got it right) is impressive.

9) Brennan went with me when I voted last week.  As we were leaving the polling place he stated, "if it's a choice to vote, then why doesn't everyone vote?"  He's pretty wise.

10) Then I got Brennan some cocoa from Caribou. He is trained.  Well.

love the sticker

Have a great Monday.  I've got a crazy busy day -- like usual.  Remember to keep your eyes on Jesus even through dishes, diaper changes, laundry, car rides, cooking, reading, cleaning, more dishes, more laundry, more reading, more diaper changes, more car rides, and more.  :)





Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters