shoes

Today our homeschool group made over 1800 sandwiches for the homeless.  A man, Mr. Law, from the organization 363days came and shared how he has given his life to providing food for those in need.  When he spoke -- it was with urgency -- for families desperate for food.  And blankets. And socks.  And hats. And shoes.

Shoes.

It hurt my heart.

Just earlier today I complained that there were too many shoes in our entryway.

Later today I learned how two little girls take turns going to school because they share one pair of shoes.

Tonight I'm grateful for shoes and am determined to give away shoes.

I cannot believe how quickly I complained about too much when there are those around me with so little.  How selfish I've been.

I need to change.
I can change.
I will change.

**********

To learn more about the 363 Project feel free to watch this segment from our newscast.  Mr. Law, the founder, came today -- after being awake all night -- to speak to our families.  He took time to get down on his knee and thank my five year old Caleb for the fourteen cents that Caleb pulled from his pocket and gave to him. "For the little kids," my Caleb said.  This man lives his life serving others -- not for glory or recognition -- but out of love, and concern, and purpose. I need to learn from his example.  And follow it.