does syrup have sugar in it?

I have waited all year to write this Miscellany Monday post.  Seriously.  I knew I could only write it during December. It's still random, but inspired by one of my favorite movies. So bear with me.  Please.

So with that introduction I present to you my-

Buddy the Elf Quotes ~ Miscellany Monday

1) Sounds like somebody needs to sing a Christmas Carol.  Ahhh--Christmas carols. I'm a stickler for the classics. Give me some Bing Crosby or Silent Night and I'm content. I am just not a huge fan of chipmunks singing or new remastered renditions. Or really, really, really cheesy versions of carols played in elevators, gas stations or Old Navy.

2) I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite. If there's a joke going on, or a secret to tell, or a no-smiling contest -- I lose. I cannot stop grinning. Maybe I'm just a gal who looks at life as good, or the glass is half-full, but seriously, do not ever bet on me to win any contest that involves no smiling. And, if I ever come to talk to you about some news and I'm grinning -- you know it's good. :)

hee hee hee
okay this isn't a smile pic -- but doesn't it make you smile?
that's my eli two summers ago
(and yes, I was pregnant with Samuel -- he was born  8 weeks later)

3) The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Thinking back to number one -- and songs -- our family sings. All the time. We've got songs for each of the kids, silly ones, sweet ones, and more. We'll just randomly break into song. Sigh....

4) I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins. Well, I'm not really. Well, sometimes I am like that, yet I've never used those words to describe myself. Does this count?  Thinking back to the when I put the lights up I do cotton-headed ninny-muggin type things.  Like when I thought it was funny to throw all the lights up in my tree and call it done. :)

am I done?

5) You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Now, all you faithful readers will know that I love coffee. So it's probably not coming as ANY surprise that I would love this quote? I'm not terribly particular about coffee, but I can tell you that a good solid mug with fresh brewed coffee and great company makes any morning!

just had to put my coffee pic up again. :)

6) Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?Did you know that there's a day modeled after this quote? I'm a fan of Buddy the Elf on Facebook. No, really, I am.  Anyways, I found out about this day where you answer the phone stating that quote. Did I do it? Nope. I forgot.

Speaking of facebook -- for those of you on facebook I've got a Networked Blog page for finding joy so you can join that and get updates. I've also been toying with making a page just for finding joy. Have any of you done that? Opinions?

7) Then YES! We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. Oh, my Christmas cookies. Christmas bark. Christmas treats. They are my fave. However, I haven't made any cookies yet. Which is probably good since I would eat them all and have to remake them right before Christmas. Ha ha ha. My favorite cookie? A homemade gingerbread with royal icing. My grandmother made these. The dough has to sit in the freezer for 2weeks until you roll it out. They are divine. How about you? Favorite cookie?

these are the cookies

8) You're young, you're so young...You know my papa, he didn't make master tinker till he was 490 Had to end with it....I have no comments....I just love the quote!  However, I'm sure I could find something deep and pertinent in this quote. :)

*********

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters Thanks for enduring with me today and my silly need to use Buddy the Elf quotes to write my miscellany. Sometimes I get these ideas in my head (ask my kids) and have to run with them.....

Thanks for all the comments on my previous post and for checking out 5Minutes For Faith!

Link up to join the miscellany randomness!