such a sweet and smiley day

1) You know it's Christmas time when breakfast consists of the words, "just grab a couple cookies from the garage."  Why, garage?  Well-- we've got a deep freezer out there that works great as a storage table for keeping Christmas cookies cold.  Remember.  I live in Minnesota.  Land of lots of lakes. And snow. And, now, freezing temps.

a small sampling of my cookie tins. And Payday.

2) Speaking of snow -- we had our 3rd snowstorm within 4weeks.  Let me tell you -- this one was crazy.  Remember in the Little House Books -- The Long Winter -- where they had a rope between the barn and the house?  Now I know why.  There were certain points where I couldn't see my neighbor's house behind me because the wind was whipping the snow around like crazy.

3) So I stayed indoors and baked.

4) Always wear an apron when baking cookies.  I learned that lesson years ago.

yes, I'm using a tea bag holder to cut those cookies.  It's the perfect size.

5) The more variety of Christmas cookies the better.  Several years ago I started writing all the cookies we make on the chalkboard in our kitchen.  The tradition stuck.  And, by the way, this list is incomplete.  We've added some more. Brownie, Bark, Jam filled and more...

our chalkboard sans math problems

6) These are the Cherry Chocolate Kisses. Or #4 on the list.  My sweet and beautiful chef Chloe made me these.  By the way, those cookies were my breakfast this morning.  hee hee hee

cherry chocolate kisses

7) We have to frost several varieties yet.  I also have some to make.  However, today, I am incredibly burnt out from making cookies.  Get it?  Burnt out.  Okay -- I thought it was funny.

8) Hannah documented our entire cookie making day.  We'd have to redo things, move to better lighting, smile incredibly, look like we were having fun -- that was easy, add food coloring at specific times, and more.  I am so grateful to have a daughter who loves photography and who's documenting our lives beautifully.

any guesses to the type of cookie?  
and ignore my messy counter -- we were making cookies.

9) This weekend Hannah's camera broke.

10) I am so upset about this -- she's been saving for a DSLR for quite a while.  She's given some of her money for different things for the family, thus making her ability to get her camera longer.  And yet, she holds her head high and waits.  And now her camera broke?  My momma's heart broke along with it.

my beauty -- Hannah

11) Read her post here.  You'll be blessed. And offer her an encouraging word.  Please.

Okay.  Now, I must know if you make cookies.  And, if you do, what is your absolute fave?   Cause, you know, I'll be baking within a couple days....

Link up with my sweet friend, Carissa, with your own miscellany.  (I had to use the word sweet -- after all this was about making cookies....)
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters