there is a time to be thankful

5 years

Five years ago I was sitting, right now, in the Methodist Hospital Surgery Prep Waiting room with my husband.
Five years ago I had no idea what the future would bring -- all I could hear were the words, "I am truly sorry, but your husband has cancer."
Five years ago left felt so finite. Choking. I couldn't see beyond the day.

Here I am five years later.
Look at the beauty and thanks that can be said for these five years.

I am thankful for:

remission
two cancer scares both turning out to be benign
two new amazing sons - Elijah and Samuel - who the doctors told us would never be
the most supportive and loving family ever - thank you to our parents - thank you
our beautiful family - Hannah, Chloe, Grace, Brennan, Caleb, Elijah and Samuel.  We are stronger now.
our church family
great friends
five vacations to the lake -- we are blessed
the ability to mourn, to speak about trials.
sunrises and sunsets
blogging friends
faithfulness
our home
excellent neighbors -- who are now friends
five Christmases
five birthdays
ballet opportunities for my girls (and, yes, they did great)
healing for my heart
laughter
blackberries
green grass in the summer and snow in the winter
dinners around the table
coffee
trips to Duluth
family game nights
much more than I could ever list.
a faithful and healthy husband.

God has blessed me in these five years -- I see it -- and I remember.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens.
(Ecclesiastes 3)